Summary of the Next 30 Days

Like Zimm mentioned, I can’t quite believe that February is already over. It’s already time for a summary of the second 30 days. There was good and bad this month, as I am indeed back in the habit of practicing the guitar, but I missed a pretty significant number of days. And why, you may ask, is this the case? Well, I can sum it up in two words: Guitar Hero.

I got Guitar Hero III for my birthday (the 20th), and I haven’t put it down since. Of course, the byproduct of this is that I’m awesome. Not crazy awesome, like the people who can play the expert level and get perfect scores, but I’m pretty good at medium difficulty. Mind you I do realize that it’s hardly an important accomplishment to be good at Guitar Hero, but I don’t care. It is much fun.

But that’s not what I’m here to talk about. So without further ado, the summary of the second 30 days:

Total Days Practiced: 20

Total Days Missed: 10

Was it Worthwhile? Definitely. I’m as good on the guitar now as I’ve ever been (which, granted, isn’t saying a whole lot), and I got a refresher on power chords, barre chords, and some scales I hadn’t done in a while. My fingers are nice and calloused, I’m in the habit of practicing and I’m enjoying it. So hopefully I’ll be able to keep playing and get better. It’s definitely something I’m having fun with again.

What’s Next? Well, at the moment I’m going to take the weekend off. Jessica’s sick, and I need to take care of a little business this weekend before I get rolling on the next project. So I’ll make the final decision over the weekend and let you know what it is on Monday. At the moment though, I’m sleepy. Good night.

0 comments: